11.26.2008

On the night before Thanksgiving...

I'm thankful that it's 10:40 p.m. and the table is set (thanks to my dear little helpers!), the wildrice ready to plug in, the stuffing parts ready to mix together, and the turkey THAWED!  I guess I might not have to get up until 7 tomorrow!  I love this holiday.  It's about food and family and a day of being together.Who could ask for anything more?  I challenged myself to list 45 things I was thankful for on my 45th bday this year.  I made it to about 38 and then found the list getting so obscure that I needed to explain things.  For example, I'm thankful for my older sister who put up with my fits of crying and clinging to her at school every time I discovered a substitute teacher at the start of a day.  After all this time, I finally realize it was perhaps as tramatic for her as for me!But seriously, like David, I find myself realizing that the lines for me and my life have fallen in good places.As I stumble into bed, here's some of my favorite photos from this year...

No comments:

About Me

Eric & Amy, Ben 10, Olivia 8, and of course Winston 12, Buster <1